The University of Malawi invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill an existing position of Deputy Registrar. The purpose of the job is to efficiently and effectively oversee and coordinate projects, estates, records and office administrative functions/services for the smooth running of all activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Facilitating and participating in developing and reviewing administrative and related operational policies, plans, strategies, procedures, guidelines, regulations and budgets;
2. Assisting management in developing strategic management plans in line with the University of Malawi Act No. 18 of 2019, MW2063, MIP-1, SDGS, NESP, UNIMA 2022-2027 Strategic Plan and UNIMA policies;
3. Assisting in coordinating and spearheading the implementation of the University’s general, operational and academic regulations and policies with particular regard to staff, students and quality assurance;
4. Advising line managers and committees on governance, operational matters and academic regulatory frameworks;
5. Coordinating and monitoring the provision of office services, security services, fleet management services and outsourced services including legal matters;
6. Providing secretarial services to Committees as directed;
7. Overseeing the management of records in the University;
8. Monitoring the provision of health care and other staff welfare services;
9. Overseeing and coordinating development/maintenance projects and leasing of University estates;
10. Participating in organizing and monitoring ceremonies and other congregation functions of the University;
11. Assisting in networking and promoting the University's image both nationally and internationally; and
12. Deputizing the Registrar when required.
Minimum Education Qualification and Experience
Applicants must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field with at least 5 years of experience in higher education in a managerial position. Those with a Master's degree in either Business Administration, Public Administration, Law, or Human Resources and 5 years of relevant experience particularly in a competitive university registry will be an added advantage. Remuneration and Tenure The successful candidates shall be engaged on a four-year renewable contract based on satisfactory performance in line with the UNIMA performance management system and job requirements. In addition, the successful candidates shall receive appropriate benefits accruing to the position based on UNIMA prevailing rates.
Mode of Application
Application letters, copies of certificates and detailed curriculum vitae with three traceable referees should be submitted to email@example.com not later than Friday, 19 January 2024.